Tuesday, June 12, 2012

P90X: Week 9 Recap


Monday (June 4): P90X: Day 57: Chest and Back & Ab Ripper X  

I did not get enough sleep the night before and I was super sore from that 6.38 mile hike the day before. I still pushed through the workout (the first time since Week 4), and I did a crap ton of push-ups!!  8 total sets during the entire workout for a total of 196 push ups (of different variations... military style (elbows close to sides) I still really suck at, but I have seen an improvement.  I did reach muscle failure quickly (as usual) and I wasn't able to knock out my 200 rep goal during the hour video.  I did 14 additional afterwards to surpass my goal. Yay! I did all the "pull-ups" and back moves with 15 and 20 pound dumbbells. Ouch! ARX kicked my behind again... but that is still be expected with carrying a bulk of my weight in my abdomen.  Plus, I still try to be easier on it with only being 1 year post-op hysterectomy/sacral colpopexy.    

Tuesday (June 5): P90X: Day 58: Plyometrics X:
I did have to re-modify a few of the exercises that I have been doing normal the past few weeks.  I did this because I am currently suffering from a shin splint in my right leg. I think that a combination of Plyo, jogging, and doing too much too quick is what did my poor leg in. Still managed to get this workout in, even though I was really stupid and took two Vicodin right before hand (shin and I was still sore in the glutes, and quads from the hike).  I got really dizzy and nauseated about 40 minutes in and had to have Sam grab a handful of mini wheat to settle my stomach in order to knock the remainder out. (I did track them in my calories log).  I will never do that again! I usually only take Vicodin before before for the whole dizzy thing. 

I bought Just Dance 3 a few days before and tried it that afternoon. OMG that is so much fun (and much better than Zumba Fitness, which I complained about last week) and it burns a good chunk of calories too!!

Wednesday (June 6): P90X: Day 59: Shoulders and Arm & Ab Ripper X

 Man, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the strength training portion of P90X! Lifting weights make me feel good and strong. Strength training is where I am seeing the best results (will post my Week 1 and 13 reps and weight in Week 13 Recap). The downfall is it does not burn a ton of calories.. although it elevates your metabolism for 48 hours afterwards.. where as cardio only does for several hours.  Plus lean muscle burns more calories than the same weight in fat at rest.

I felt a bit better this morning than the previous couple days..  I managed to get up at 5:30am with a full 8 hours of sleep under my belt.

Walked my fasted 3 miles (3.64) on the treadmill in one hour as well!  Didn't go extreme because my knee was achy and my shin was eh, sore-ish.... so I went low on the incline, and went for a faster pace.

Thursday (June 7): P90X: Day 60: Cardio X

It all caught up with me...  I crashed and burned during Cardio X this morning.  I didn't know what was wrong but I had no energy and my body would not move.  It felt like I was walking through mud up to my ears. I did so awful...  I only made it 30 minutes into a 45 minute video and then I literally laid on the floor and cried.

I didn't know if I had been overdoing it with 2 (sometimes 3 workouts) a day (swimming, cardio, P90X, Just Dance 3)...      or if it was the new sleep schedule. Or the fact I haven't had a full blown rest day in 2 weeks.

Friday (June 8): P90X: Day 61: Legs and Back & ARX (SKIPPED)  

I did not get up at 5:30am and get my LB & ARX in.  I went to bed super eary Thursday night, but I was physically unable too get up when I was supposed to. My body needed the sleep. I ended up getting a little over 13 hours of sleep total before getting up for the day.

In order to make up missing LB and ARX I did my normal walk (low incline, brisk pace) and I spent 3 hours at the community swimming pool and logged 2 hours and 9 minutes of either swimming laps or doing water aerobic type stuff (running/jogging in the water, elliptical movies, or jumping/jumping jacks).  The nice thing about being in a pool is the fact it takes ALL the pressure off my knee, ankles and shin.  I don't even feel the pain in my heels from the spurs that I get often too!  I foresee lots of swimming this summer.

Saturday (June 9): P90X: Day 62: Kenpo X (Subbed Swimming Instead) 

Payday again, and it seems like every weekend we are having to go out and buy tons of produce. Which I am not complaining about..  eating all this fruit and veggies makes me feel good, and I am starting to like all the veggies!

After shopping (which my hubby rewarded me with a new pair of really nice athletic shoes and a pair of http://www.alegriashoes.com/products/paloma-brown-distressed-mary-jane.html) I went straight to the pool with my mom and kids while my hubby worked on his homework.  This time I got in 1 hour and 44 minutes of swimming laps and water aerobics. 

BBQ'd at my parents house, and I managed to eat healthy! I say it like that because I am prone to cheating at my mom's house, because she is an awesome cook, she bakes a lot and always has snacks.   But by the time we got home I was pooped and didn't not manage to get Kenpo in, but that is alright. I still worked out, and I still ate within my calories range, so it was all good.   

Sunday (June 10): P90X: Day 63: Rest Day:

We got up early and headed off to the Cleveland Zoo for the day. Which was really fun.. and we did not have to stop to sit down because we were tired. Although wearing flip flops was a horrible idea! The trip to the zoo (and Lake Erie) gave me 13,940 steps. Yeah! I did go off course on my eating and enjoyed myself.  I did not log any exercise for the day and only ate 400 calories over my limit. If I logged all my walking I probably could have made up half, but I didn't to be on the safe side.


Walking:  I did not make my goal of 15 miles this week due to having an off week, and spending 2 of my days swimming.  I did manage to get slightly under 14 miles though (13.83 miles)

Swimming:  See above.. I swam twice this week.  My heart rate gets really high doing 100m freestyle and my breathing gets tough. So another fitness goal now it to be able to swim 100m freestyle next summer like I did on my HS swim team. 

Side Notes: Even with having a rough week physically during Week 9 I did have a -2 lb weight loss this week. That makes it a total of 22.8 pounds so far that I have lost.  I have not calculated my total inches lost, and I will not be doing that until the end of Week 13. 

I also finally lost my toenail this week that was injured two (three?) weeks ago...  and it feels much better now that it is gone. I have even been letting Sam take picture of me as well...  mainly so I can see the progress that I am making. These two from this weekend are really exciting for me:


I can really see that I have lost weight in my face as well, and hopefully soon I won't have the rest of the fat there or the double chin! I do wish my boobs would start shrinking. 



I am losing it from the top down. The area between my chest/boobs and waist has slimmed down quite a bit. Let's hope it starts coming off my tummy and butt more. 

But I think that I am more excited about the being able to see muscles in the arm!!! I totally want an awesome gun show. 




I still have a long way to go, but I am getting there one step at a time.  I am going to do this! This time next year I will be a whole new Dianne. 









No comments:

Post a Comment