Tuesday, June 19, 2012

P90X: Week 10 Recap


We started out Week 10 with cardio on the elliptical machine and treadmill in the morning and weight lifting in the evenings.  This seemed to work out a little bit better, even with things being so hectic right now. I was starting to lose motivation last week because I was stressing out about having a hard time fitting in our workouts because the husband and I are doing P90X together.  When I take our daughter to and from meets in the evenings (Monday - Friday) it makes it hard to get them in because that is when he is off work and he is finishing up this last 5 weeks of his degree right so he is swamped with homework and seminars. Thank goodness swim team is done of the 14th of July, and his schooling on the 24th of July...  that way we can focus on Round 2. 


Monday (June 11): P90X: Day 64: Chest, Shoulders and Triceps  

I remember doing Chest, Shoulders and Triceps that first day the beginning of Phase 2...  man.. it was hard, hard, hard.  Even with the modifications I still struggled that first day.  I am getting better now.. I still am on my knees for the push-ups in both videos but I can knock out more reps a lot fast while being able to go deeper into them.  For the first time in this round I was able to do a bunch of one-arm WALL push ups...   yes, in the beginning I couldn't even do them on a wall.  For round 2 I am shooting for being able to do them on the ground.   I am slightly improving on my clap/plyo push ups... I still need to be more careful and not slips while doing them because I almost smashed my face into the floor this last week doing them.

Tuesday (June 12): P90X: Day 65: Plyometrics X (Did Elliptical Machine instead):

I swapped out Plyo X for my elliptical machine because my shin was bothering me little bit, and I didn't want to aggravate it further. I think this will be the last day I switch Plyo out for something else since I really enjoy this video. Hopefully when I do it tonight my shin won't give me problems, and I will have more to say about Plyo next week.  

Wednesday (June 13): P90X: Day 66: Back and Biceps

 I think that Back and Biceps will have to be my absolute favorite P90X workout... even though Katie in the video annoys the crap out of both Sam and myself. I had to take a step backwards during this workout, and use mainly 10 lbs weights for the backs reps and 15 lbs weight for the bicep reps. During the workout I kept getting a sharp pain in my shoulder blade that I couldn't get to go away even with extra stretching. This resulting me being unable to lift heavy on the back exercises (pull ups).

Plus, I have been noticing a trend the past several weeks that during my weight training workouts my heart rate doesn't jump like it used to, which is making my calorie burn go down.  This is even with the fact that both my reps and dumbbell weight has gone up since I first started P90X.   

Thursday (June 14): P90X: Day 67: Swimming

I usually swap out Yoga X with Cardio X  but today I went ahead and swam instead of either one. I wanted to take it easy one more day on my shin because it had felt pretty good the day before. 

I spent 3 hours at the pool, and got in 1.5 hours of laps and water aerobics. I did about 45 minutes of laps that were enough to get my heart rate pretty damn high (150-165) by doing 50m and stopping to let my heart rate get down to the 120's and repeating. The last 45 minutes I did laps and aerobics that were enough to keep my heart rate in my lower end zone (126-136).  I stopped my HRM afterwards while I relaxed and played with the kids, but I did stay in the pool the entire 3 hours. 

I will say it again though... swimming is an awesome cardio workout! I love the fact it gets my heart rate good and high, but I love that it is low impact.  Makes all the problems in my feet, knee, and shin seem like they aren't there at all.


Friday (June 15): P90X: Day 68: Legs and Back   

I finally did Legs and Back after missing it the last 2 or 3 weeks. This workout is probably the one I have been struggling with the most.  It consists of A LOT of squats, and lunges which are brutal on my knee if I do it too much or too longer. I remember doing this workout the very first time in Week 1...  I cried through the entire video and threw up afterwards. Week 2 I only cried.  That is how bad it killed my knee.  

This night I held the entire first set (90 seconds) of Wall Squats, and I did another 60 seconds when Sam and the video did the Single Leg Wall Squats. For me this was a huge improvement as the first two weeks I could only do 30 seconds... one time during the workout. I also managed to do the Groucho Walks the entire time even though my steps were very tiny. The lunges with my right leg (not bad knee leg) are getting a bit deeper too! This stuff still hurts my knee, but I can push through it easier now.

Had a total WOOHOO moment during this workout too.  I did 9 assisted pull-ups! I have been using dumbbells the entire round instead of a bar or bands. We did buy a pull up bar a few weeks ago, but I was unable to do any at that time.  But, I tried it during this workout and did 9 with the husband holding my foot (he didn't push me or anything.. it was all me!!).  I could have knocked out maybe a few more, but his hands were sweating and my foot slipped out of his hand, so I stopped.      


Saturday (June 16): P90X: Day 69: Kenpo X (Did Swimming Instead) 

Went to the pool again today, and spent 3.5 hours there.  My husband actually went with me today, so that was a lot of fun.  We got in almost 2 hours of laps and water aerobics (mainly freestyle and inverted breast stroke).    

Sunday (June 17): P90X: Day 63: Rest Day (Did Kenpo X instead) :

Made up Kenpo X tonight instead of taking a full blown rest day.  I did not do any of the jumping jacks during the break periods, but lightly jogged and did light jump ropes instead.  My shin was actually feeling really good, so it is time to start slowing adding stuff back in...  this way I can see what aggravates it. 



Side Notes: I had an awesome weight loss this week! I lost 2.8 pounds, and hit my first goal of 25 pounds lost. For a total of 25.6 pounds since Feb 15th! I now weigh what I did right before my surgery (2 pounds less then a month after) and am 8 pounds away from the lowest weight. The weight that I got to last year (and when I did South Beach Diet back in 2007). I am going to shoot for this for this time in July.  



No comments:

Post a Comment