Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

It seems that another year has come and gone in what seems a blink of an eye. 2012 has taken me on quite a journey and I am looking forward to seeing what 2013 has in store for me, and my family. I am hoping that most of you, my friends and my family, have a safe and wonderful New Year's Eve and may 2013 bring you great happiness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, I must blog for the last time in 2012, and get everyone caught up in what has been going on since early November.

This last case of shin splints has by far been the worst case that have had so far and it left me out of the game for longer then expected. I did, fortunately, recover enough in time for the Santa Hustle 5K on Sandusky on Dec 16th. Unfortunately, only 4 of us were able to attend the race and three of us were coming off different running injuries, so needless to say we walked a bit more the we expected to. Sam and I drove up the day before the race to pick up all of our packets. We decided to spend the night in a nice hotel, have a nice dinner, and just enjoy the time alone. It was an amazingly awesome weekend.

Santa Hustle 5K  12-16-2012 (1)

Santa Hustle 5K  12-16-2012 (34) Santa Hustle 5K  12-16-2012 (44)

Santa Hustle 5K  12-16-2012 (28)

Looking forward to the 2013 Santa Hustle where, hopefully, we will be doing the 1/2 marathon.

In the fitness and weight loss department there as been no change in weight, but I haven't been very diligent at all on my eating habits with the holidays. I did manage to lose an inch off each thigh, a little over a quarter inch off each arm, and half an inch of my waist since November. Oh, and slightly under a percent off my BF%. I give credit for that to Les Mills Pump, which I am a few weeks into. I am doing that along side of Beachbody's newest program Les Mills Combat which I added in last week. This hybrid of programs has be my favorite so far.

Now that the holidays are over, well with the exception of tonight, I am going to buckle down and get serious. I start my Marathon training in February and have my first big race in April, which is the 25K (17 mile) trail run in the Mohican Forest. I just keep praying that those pesky shin splints don't come back.

Sam hit one year at his job this year the end of October, so that opened a lot more benefits and opportunities for us. I am thankful for him to have such a good job because we are earning more money then we've ever brought in before. Just keeping my fingers crossed that his yearly evaluation in April with bless us even more!

We were able to have a truly amazing Christmas this year! Charlotte had a list of things that she really wanted, and with her being an only child we were able to buy her that, and more because let's face it... Only child = Spoiled

.

Christmas 2012 (1) Christmas 2012 (50)

IMG_1330 IMG_1341

IMG_1375 IMG_1377 IMG_1378 IMG_1379

We had one present that didn't show up until last week right after Christmas because Sam and I waited too long to order it, and that was her new iPhone, which was supposed to be her surprise Christmas Eve present.

20121231-162223.jpg

Besides making out like a bandit for Christmas, Charlotte is doing fantastic. She is about halfway through 6th grade... Her final year of elementary school. In August she will start attending the local High School where she will spend her last 6 years of school. She started playing the trumpet in the 6th grade band in October and loves it. It is fun listening to her practice every night and hearing her improvements. We got her beginning of the school year test result and is doing above average on everything, except reading which is scored the highest on with a 9th grade reading level. Her first term report card in November held nothing but straight A's and I am praying that she keeps it up. Guess the next few months will fly by and she will be getting ready to start swimming again on the summer swim team.

As for me, I am doing well... I've been slowly driving more since we bought the new car in July, although I am not quite ready for the icy snowy weather yet. I've been hanging out with my local friends more which is good for me since I haven't had really any close good friends in, man, 10 years or so?

Tonight we are all celebrating the New Year together with reservations at nicer restaurant and maybe some drinks. Tomorrow they are doing a New Years Bike ride in the Mohican since they all are avid mountain bikers. They've been trying for weeks to talk me into that, but I am so not ready for that in the snow. I tried it once in July and it was crazy. But, who knows, I could agree to it. Have had an interest in it since before we met Kim, and even more know. Maybe I will add the MTB 100 to the crazy things I want to do.

The biggest change starts this weekend for me as I am going back to school for the final time. Sam and I have been throwing around the idea since about April. I want to go back to work and I want to do something in a career that I'll love. I don't to be stuck with only ever working at Walmart (been there done that.. twice... gag). My disabilities have kept me from achieving my goals for too long now, and I will no longer let them bring me down. Although applying for VA Voc Rehab is what really sealed the deal and will now help with my schooling. BS in Accounting, and eventual CPA license here I came.

Guess I need to wrap it up, 20 minutes until Sam get home from work and then we need to get around for dinner, and drop Charlotte off. I don't know what the next time I will blog as I will be so busy, but those I am very close too will have access to all my postings on Facebook. I will make it my goal to blog before my 25K in April though.

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment