Monday, September 3, 2012

Turbo Fire: Fire 30 and Stretch 10


This morning marked the start of my round of Turbo Fire and it was both awesome and intense at the same time. I figured that since I did so awful at blogging during my round of ChaLEAN Extreme (and my round of P90X too) I would try to start blogging the day of my workout.

Today's workout was the Turbo Fire: Fire 30 Class and Stretch 10 Class.  

When you first start the "class" you do a quick warm up which is about four minutes long, and reminded me of the warm up set in the Turbo Jam videos. The warm up set included some fast paced punching, squatting and kicking and managed to get my heart rate into the 150's by the end of the it. Like Turbo Jam, and ChaLEAN Extreme I am expecting it to be about the same for every video.

When you actually start the workout of portion of class it throws you right in with a series of jab/cross/hook/uppercut combos that really got the sweat pour and the calories burning. After each series/set of exercises you do a Fire Drill.  These Fire Drills were crazy intense, and brought my heart rate up to the maximum very quickly. It is so hard to explain a lot of the class since I am new to it, but I really wanted to just say that it was AWESOME.

I burned 422 calories in the 40 minutes of class time according to my heart rate monitor.  My heart rate reached a maximum of 187 during one of the Fire Drills so that tells you how intense it was.

Here is a 1 min video of snipes of the Fire 30 Class:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Um-IViGL6M

And now I am finished... short but sweet and better then nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment