Thursday, May 24, 2012

P90X: Round One: Phase One: The First 30 Days


I have always heard that P90X is hard, and it is.. especially when you are overweight.  The first week I was so sore I could barely move..  yet every night I would press play because I knew that it is time to get this weight off.  

Every week during the first 4 weeks and even now in Week 7 I see awesome improvements, not just in my body, but big time in my fitness, and endurance levels!!  So much that I start off adding an hour of walking in 3 days a week, and I would shoot for about a mile.   Now, as of today, I walk at least 5 days a week for an hour averaging about 3.5 miles during that time, sometimes 4.  I even jog some of it now too, when the knee feels up to it, and I don't get that out of breath anymore either! This is all on top of the 6 days a week that I do P90X. And the fact with summer here I hike on the weekends.

I remember the first week doing Plyometircs X.. I had to do all the modified moves in the video and I still almost keeled over and died. I started off using 3lb and 5lb weight during the weight training videos.  The first time do Chest and Back I could only do 75 half-assed knee push-ups, and I was jelly afterwards. 

This week: (Week 7) I did 4 of the moves modified (due to the knee) and everything else is unmodified in Plyo and got my highest calorie burn yet of 570 calories in an hour (I wear a HRM). I now use 10lb, 15lb, twice I used 20lb on all of the upper body strength training.   I also knocked out 127 push-ups on Monday (Chest, Shoulders, and Tricpes), still on my knees, but I use push-up bars now, so I go extra deep. Plus, I can actually do clap/plyo push-ups.

The first phase was a success: if you look in my albums you can it for yourself in my Before and 30 day pictures.  Next weekend we get to take our 60 day pictures.
___________________________________________________________________________

Phase One Results:
**I lost 6lbs, 3" off my waist, 3" off my hips, 2" off my chest and .5" off each of my calves. My neck, and arms stayed the same, and I gained .5" in each thigh.**
**Sam lost 6.6lbs, 2.5" off his waist, 3" off his hips, .75" off his chest, and 1.25" in his arms. His neck and calves stayed the same, and he also gained .5" in each thigh.**
___________________________________________________________________________________

Since February 15, 2012  I have lost 19.5 lbs, 8" off my waist, 5" off my hips, 2" off each thigh, 2" off each arm, 1" off my neck, 3" off my chest, .5' off each calf.  

I went from wearing a size 24W jeans (which I was only in for a week) down to a comfy size 16.  I am currently 191.2 pounds but I am wearing the clothes and undergarments I wore pre-hysterectomy when I weighed 183-184.  My fitness level is far better then pre-hysterectomy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment